24 June 2016

photos: Corpses Everywhere ! Local Residents Killed as Militants Attack Ikorodu Communities

Many people have been killed after suspected militants
attacked members of Igbolomu and Ishawo
communities in Ikorodu Local Government Area of
Lagos State.
Unidentified heavily armed gunmen suspected to be
militants were said to have invaded the Igbolomu and
Ishawo areas in Ikorodu, Lagos State, yesterday.
According to eyewitnesses who escaped from one of the
invaded areas, the gunmen from the Niger Delta came
through water channel and started shooting
sporadically.
Residents are already fleeing the area as eyewitnesses
claim corpses littered the ground, adding that more
could be in the swamp.
An eyewitness popularly called Iya Ibeji said there was
series of gunshots all through the night and also early in
the morning.
“I heard series of gunshots while preparing Sari this
morning. I also saw people from a nearby church
through my window scampering for safety because they
were doing a vigil before the chaos,”
Another resident who declined mentioning his name
said:
Another resident, Kolawole Amodu said: ”I am staying
here because this is where I own a land and house. I did
not rent so I can’t carry my house along. I will just
continue to be prayerful and hopeful”.


No comments:

Post a Comment